Friday, March 6, 2015

On your mark...

How long before I get in?  Before it starts, before I begin?  Before I know what it feels like?  Where to, where do I go?  If you don’t try then you’ll never know.  That was taken from the first verses of Speed of Sound by Coldplay.  Beginnings are hard…Should I?  Could I?  It's like a constant pacing back and forth.  To begin is to do the first part of an action: to start doing something, to start to work on, produce, or give attention to (something); to cause (something) to start. 

 

When I was younger I ran track.  I always had an issue with the start.  I was a sprinter.  The start for a sprinter is so important because if you don’t push off the blocks with power you could lose precious seconds and jeopardize the whole race.  Of course you could catch up, but who wants to do that if you have an awesome start.  In some strange way I was afraid of the sound of the gun.  How would I do; would I stay in my lane?  I would either hold myself in the blocks after the bang of the gun or false start which resulted sometimes in being disqualified.   My coach would constantly have me practice starts until I was absolutely SICK of them.  After many days of working on them I was finally able to start with power and ended up having one of the fastest starts on the team.

 

When I first decided to make body products kept I procrastinating the start.  All the what ifs kept loitering in my mind.  When I tested my first recipe it felt almost theraputic.  Beautiful aromas surrounded me and I couldn't wait for the finished result so my family, friends, and I could test it out.  It still makes me smile to see my husband and five little faces after a batch of whip is made.  They would stand outside my lab as I call it and wait for a sample.  Is there a beginning calling your name...whispering to you "GET SET...GO!"


No comments:

Post a Comment