Monday, March 2, 2015

Hello...just passing you by.

The beautiful thing about saying hello opens up a multitude of possibilities.  "Hi" could be a smile, a nod, a wave.  It could be a stunning flower that caught your eye while on a stroll.  Hellos grab our attention, interrupt us while we are on our way.  When I first saw my husband I thought to myself "Hello!"  The first time seeing him was like hitting the jackpot!  His smile alone lit up the hallway he was standing in when I first saw him.  I was like Lord, are you serious?  11 years later when he smiles it's like the sunrise every time (giggle).  


Hello is more than just a greeting.  One of the definitions according to Merriam-Webster is to express surprise.  Staying with Mr. Dictionary, we continue. The definition of surprise is an unexpected event, piece of information, etc.  It goes on to say surprise can be defined as an unexpected gift or party, etc.  I think that's wonderful! Now we're getting somewhere.  We are literally walking Hellos...walking surprises waiting to pop open and capture someone's attention like those party popper thing-a-ma-jigs.  The confetti and streamers burst out and make you and everyone around smile.  Whose world will you burst into today?  In a good way of course...

(tee-hee!)



No comments:

Post a Comment