Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Dad

Father’s day is always an interesting time of year.  Remembering my Dad is bittersweet.  Our relationship was interesting to say the least but without him I would not be who I am today.  He was a man who could cause you to dream big and look beyond the stars.  He taught me to always keep a little money in my pocket, never leave the house without a sweater or a jacket, and to always wait for a man to open the door for me even if that meant standing outside or sitting in the car for a moment.  He always said, “You have to make a man come correct.  If he can’t do that, then keep on walking.”  I didn’t go on too many dates.  The ones I did go on, there were a couple of times where I waited in the car as the light bulb clicked on in my date’s head. He would almost fumble as hurried back to the car to open my door.  After something like that would happen our minds seemed to communicate.  Oh, you’re that kind of woman.  I would smile back.  Yes, I’m that kind of lady.  Thanks Dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment